REMAKING A GREAT TOOL - FROM PLASTIC TO A LONG LASTING GOOD QUALITY TOOL.

REMAKING A GREAT TOOL - FROM PLASTIC TO A LONG LASTING GOOD QUALITY TOOL.

I was using this tool when I realised how great the functionality of it was. However, because it was made using cheap plastic components the accuracy of it was a bit off and I could tell it was not going to last forever. I wanted to utilise the functionality and remake this tool by using the tool, but this time I wanted it to last a long time and be of a very sturdy quality.

I made the tool out of wax to be cast using the lost wax / investment casting process where a heat resistant plaster mix is poured around the wax. The wax is then melted out and the metal poured in using a centrifuge. You can fasten in a utility blade, reverse the pencil and adjust the depth in order to cut paper, wax, leather...

REMAKINGGREATPLASTIC

Post a Comment

0 Comments